Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the portfolio website, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Narrator] I am really excited about the next few movies…because here we're going to finally look…at how we can actually build a website.…Now before we do that though I want to highlight…how we've organized things.…I have a folder of JPEGs and these are all saved out,…the right size, everything is good to go.…I also have a folder of some logo options.…You've already seen these here.…So once you have all of that set,…you're ready to go to your platform,…or however you're going to build your site.…I'm going to show you how I would build this,…or how I'm going to build this, with Squarespace,…because that's the all in one platform that I use,…and if you use something different it will work…and look different but at least you'll get insight…into this overall process of how this works.…
When you begin often you'll have some demo content in,…and so what you'll want to do is either change that,…or customize it or create your own.…So at Squarespace we have these navigation items over here.…One of them is pages.…We'll click on that and here's where…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.