Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a mood board, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Chris] When I captured this portrait…of my friend Amber, who is a painter,…I was asking her about this whole idea of painting.…I said, "Well hey, what makes a painting good?"…And she said, "Chris, it isn't about painting what you see,…"or what's in front of you, but it's painting…"how that thing makes you feel."…Well feeling is the topic for this movie,…and here we're going to look at how we can create…a brand mood board.…In other words, a board which somehow captures…the essence of the feeling that we want…our portfolio to have.…
Now to dig into this topic,…I first want to turn to a practice or craft…which is familiar to me, and that's photography.…So here I want to share a few insights…from the practice of photography metaphorically,…and talk about how that compares…to creating a mood board for a portfolio.…All right well this is a location…where I photographed someone,…and I'm going to zoom in on it.…The location you can see is highlighted…right there with that white arrow.…It doesn't look very good.…I mean what you see, straightforward,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 48s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 34s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.