Weather can have great effect on flight conditions and can affect the safety of your operation. Learn about weather minimums for flight, sources of weather information, and briefings (standard, abbreviated, and outlook).
- It doesn't matter if you're flying an actual airplane…or a small unmanned aerial system,…checking the weather is something that you should do…each and every time before you fly.…Weather can have a great effect on your flight conditions…and can affect the safety of your operation.…The basic weather minimums to be able to fly your sUAS…are 500 feet below clouds,…2,000 feet horizontally from clouds,…and a minimum flight visibility of three statute miles.…
The sources of weather information for sUAS…are Flight Service by using the website,…www.1800wxbrief.com.…You can create a free account…in order to use the briefing service.…You can also use the National Weather Service…at www.aviationweather.gov.…This is free and does not require registration.…You should also review any temporary flight restrictions…at http://tfr.faa.gov.…
Of course, you can always check ATIS, ASOS,…and AWOS services.…There are different types of weather briefings.…They are Standard Briefing,…Abbreviated Weather Briefing, and Outlook Briefing.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.