This video covers the different airspaces (A, B, C, D, E, G), and what to do to fly in controller airspace.
- The National Airspace, or NAS, is divided…into two major types of airspace,…regulatory and non-regulatory,…which means controlled and uncontrolled.…In this section, we will discuss which airspace…is controlled and what you need to do to fly in it.…And of course, we will also discuss uncontrolled airspace.…To fly in uncontrolled airspace, you do not need permission,…but you do need to follow the operating limitations.…You need to know what type of airspace…you will be flying into.…Many small unmanned aircraft operations…can be conducted in Class Golf airspace.…
Class Bravo, Charlie and Delta airspace…and within the lateral boundaries of the surface area…of Class Echo, require authorization from ATC.…You must request access to controlled airspace…via the electronic portal at www.faa.gov/UAS,…not from individual air traffic facilities.…Class Alpha airspace is generally the airspace…from 18,000 feet mean sea level, or MSL,…up to and including flight level 600, which is 60,000 feet.…
You will not fly here, don't worry about this one.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.