This video covers currents, atmospheric stability, pressure and temperature, air masses, and fronts.
- Wind and currents can affect sUAS performance…and maneuverability during all phases of flight.…You have to be careful when flying at low altitudes…in confined areas, near buildings, or other…natural obstructions.…Consider this, any obstruction on the ground,…such as a building can create wind gusts…that can greatly damage your aircraft, or hurt…people or property.…It is your responsibility as the remote pilot in command…to take into account all of the obstructions…that you may encounter in your flight.…
As you probably know, different surfaces…radiate heat in different amounts.…The result is an uneven heating of the air…that can create small areas of local circulation…called convective currents.…These convective currents can cause bumpy,…turbulent air that can dramatically affect…your ability to control the aircraft at lower altitudes.…Atmospheric stability describes a state in which…air resists vertical displacement.…
In an unstable atmosphere, small vertical air movements…tend to become larger, resulting in turbulent…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.