Aeronautical decision-making (ADM) is an approach to the mental process used by pilots to consistently determine the best course of action in response to a given set of circumstances. It is essential to decision making. This video covers judgment and haza
- Life is full of decisions.…Some are routine, but others have…much more significant implications.…When flying, a lot of our decisions…may appear to be routine, but they could…have a huge impact on the safety of that flight.…Aeronautical decision making is an approach…to the mental process, used by pilots,…to consistently determine the best course of action…in response to a given set of circumstances.…
In other words, it is essential to decision making…Steps for good decision making are:…Identifying personal attitudes hazardous to safe flight.…Learning behavior modification techniques.…Learning how to recognize and cope with stress.…Developing risk assessment skills.…Using all the available resources.…And evaluating the effectiveness of one's ADM skills.…
There are some hazardous attitudes that we may encounter,…that can be effectively counteracted by antidotes.…These antidotes should be memorized…for each of the hazardous attitudes…so they automatically come to mind when needed.…Anti-authority.…Don't tell me.…The antidote is, follow the rules.…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.