This video covers how to read important information from the Aeronautical Sectional Charts, including MSL and AGL altitudes, airport information, navigational aids, latitude and longitude. It also shows how the charts display obstructions as well as navig
- We already saw a little bit…of the aeronautical sectional charts.…We saw how to get the tower and SITA frequencies…of the airports that we may need to communicate with.…In addition to that, there are tons of other information…that we can gather from these charts.…Let's look at some of them.…Sources for airport data can be found on…aeronautical charts, chart supplements U.S. formerly known…as the Airport/Facility Directory, notices to airmen…or NOTAMs, automated terminal information service or ATIS.…
The charts are revised semiannually.…At this point, I'd like to go over what the different…altitudes we will find in the charts mean.…AGL or above ground level are altitudes that are measured…from the ground up.…MSL or mean sea level are altitudes that are measured…from a standard datum which is roughly equal to…the average altitude of the ocean, so from sea level.…
In this image, we can see the following information.…This is Freeway W00, we use the phonetic alphabet,…it is non-towered, the altitude is 168 feet MSL,…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Aircraft registration
- Operation limitations
- Airspace classification
- Radio communication procedures
- Air density, air stability, and fronts
- Emergency procedures
- The effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making (ADM)
- Crew resource management (CRM)
- Maintenance and preflight inspection
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Gear: Action Cams & Droneswith Richard Harrington3h 46m Appropriate for all
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
1. Rules and Regulations
2. Airspace Limitations
3. Air Traffic Communication
Radio frequency spectrum2m 15s
5. Performance and Procedures
6. Physiology and Decision Making
7. Maintenance and Waivers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.