Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video 3 ways to build a website, part of Creating a Photography Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Next let's talk about the topic…of web hosting and development.…In order to talk about that,…what I want to do is highlight a few different options…that you have when it comes to hosting…a website and also developing it, and building it.…Here I'm going to distill things a little bit,…but I want to distill them into…three different options.…You can either work with coding or programming,…and do it yourself, or you can use…what's called custom CMS.…CMS stands for content management system.…
Or three you can work with a platform,…kind of an all-in-one solution.…Now if these terms are still kind of confusing to you,…stick with me because I'm going to walk through each one,…starting off with this idea of coding.…Now if you want to hand code something,…you could use something like HTML or CSS,…and use a tool like Dreamweaver…in order to build a site.…There are other ways as well, but this is distilling it.…So that is one option.…Another option is to use what's called custom CMS.…
Content management systems that are out there,…
- What's a portfolio and why does it matter?
- Top three things every portfolio needs
- Clarifying and defining your vision
- Examining and evaluating your work
- Defining your motivation
- Making your own road map
- Developing a personal brand
- Developing a manifesto or mission statement
- Building the portfolio website
- Expanding your business with print
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights on Photography: Business and Social Mediawith Derrick Story25m 51s Appropriate for all
Insights on Building a Photography Businesswith David Hobby50m 38s Appropriate for all
Running a Photography Business: The Basicswith Skip Cohen2h 29m Intermediate
1. Starting with the End in Mind
2. Creating a Road Map for Success
3. Developing a Personal Brand
4. Website Foundation
5. A Primer on Building the Website Portfolio
6. Increasing Your Online Presence
7. Expanding Your Business with Print
Next steps1m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.