Photographer Derrick Story shows how to back up and store your mobile photos and videos easily and automatically.
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Derrick Story, professional photographer, writer and publisher of The Digital Story, and welcome to Managing Your Mobile Photos. In this course, I'll show you easy ways to back up the pictures and videos that you've captured with your smartphone or tablet. I'll focus on making it automatic. The best back-up plans are the ones you don't have to think about using widely-available software, creating simple game plans that work for both Android and iOS devices, adding plenty of flexibility so you can design a back-up plan that's right for you.
We no longer have the safety net of shoeboxes filled with negatives and prints. We have to rethink how we're going to protect those valuable photos of family, friends, pets and the special places we visited, and I can help you with that. Please join me for Managing Your Mobile Photos, and let's get your pictures protected right now.
Learn how easy it is to store photos in the cloud with services such as Dropbox and iCloud and set up personal cloud storage with Pogoplug and Transporter. Next, check out storage options with online services like Flickr, Shutterfly, and Instagram, and explore how to back up photos manually with Lightroom, iPhoto, and Aperture. Finally, Derrick shows how to develop a flexible storage workflow that works best for you.
- Why backup is important
- Weighing backup approaches
- Determining the role of your mobile camera for your overall photography
- Backing up videos
- Should you back up music?
- Exploring the benefits of flash storage
- Evaluating the advantages and risks of using cloud storage
- Using Lightroom Mobile on the iPad
- Automating backups with Dropbox
- Creating a complete backup with iCloud and iPhoto
- Separating your movies and photos