- Understanding the history of Cuba
- Exploring the music, art, and food
- Packing personal items and photography gear
- Photographing Cuba's architecture
- Photographing Cuba's people
- Photographing Cuba's car culture
Skill Level Intermediate
(uptempo Latin music) - Cuba is one of the most unique places on the planet. And I think it's a fantastic photographic subject. Hi, I'm Derrick Story an American photographer who visited Cuba in January of 2015. And I want to share with you some of the things that I learned there, including the history of Cuba, which has an impact on the vibrant music, the bold beautiful art, the delicious and organic food.
I'll share with you my experience photographing the people in this beautiful environment. And the cars, those classic American cars, both in motion, but also parked where I could get close and take pictures of the detail and maybe the owner who took care of them. So, if you're interested in this unique place or you're planning to visit yourself, join me as a photographer traveling through Cuba.