Join Steve Simon for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking at the final selects from the city at night, part of Street Photography: The City at Night.
- Alright. Well, I've learned as a photographer…that when you go out after dark…great things happen photographically.…We've had a great time in and around…New York City at night and I hope…that some of the techniques and ideas…that I have put forward in this course…are going to help you.…You know, you don't have to be…in a big city to shoot at night.…Some of my favorite photographs were…taken in rural environments or even…a landscape at night.…A lot of the stuff that I've talked about…I'm sure you can use it in the…environment that you're in.…So, I'm going to leave you with…some of the selects from the various…shoots that we've done here in New York City.…
And I hope that you guys get out there…at night and do some great night photography.…(funk music)…
- Taking shots of the skyline at night
- Shooting with a long exposure and noise reduction
- Shooting subjects in low light
- Panning with a moving subject
- Shooting light trails
- Zeroing out camera settings after a complex shot
Skill Level Intermediate
Street Photography: Candid Portraiturewith Steve Simon1h 45m Intermediate
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
Street Photography: Posed Portraiturewith Steve Simon1h 14m Intermediate
Welcome to the city at night1m 49s
1. Brooklyn Bridge Park
2. Brighton Beach Boardwalk
3. Urban Street Scenes
4. City Night Light Trails
5. Final Selects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.