Learn the best techniques for recomposing a photo—moving the subjects while reconstructing the background and lighting for accuracy.
- Hi. I'm Neil Rhodes. Welcome to Photo Restoration Techniques: Recomposing a Photo. In this course, we'll be working through a restoration and recomposition of an old photo. You'll develop an understanding of how we tackle this seemingly complex task in simple steps. First, we'll take a look at getting started by assessing the photo and planning the recomposition. We'll move on to restoring the minor damage and of moving the figure. Next, we will fill the hole left behind from where we moved the person, and finally, we'll complete the image by blending the image together, ensuring everything looks real.
I can't wait to guide you through this exciting course, and add some more restoration techniques to your skillset. Let's get started.
- Evaluating the photo
- Removing cracks and splotches
- Cutting out and reinserting a figure
- Adding shadows and sharpening
- Rebuilding the background