Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a short promotional video. Get a unique view into an actual location shoot, from concept to delivery, and experience the advantages and challenges of working as a two-man crew on limited budget.
- View Offline
- Hi, I'm Eduardo Angel. My professional journey as a photographer and filmmaker has been anything but traditional. And I truly enjoy embracing the next technical and creative challenge. As a photographer there are a lot of technical concepts that you already know. Like exposure, white balance, or lighting for portraits. But there are many new things to learn when transitioning from photography to video. Some of these techniques are hard to understand unless we get out and experience them hands on. That's why I would like to invite you to witness a real live project at a beautiful boutique winery in Central Oregon where I'll be shooting stills and video and recording sound and putting everything together as a short promotional video for the winery.
I'm going to cover all the steps required for a video production on location. From concept to final delivery, from the perspective of a two man crew working with real life challenges and a very limited budget. There are extreme benefits to being completely self-sufficient in a business where people rely on other people to get anything done. And I truly believe that if you're someone who is already creative, and then you become technical, you are unstoppable. So, lets get started.
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients