Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Using ShotPut Pro to backup, part of Video for Photographers: 2 Filmmaking on Location.
- I'm sure most of you are using applications like Lightroom…to copy your files from a memory card into your hard drive,…and most of you know that Lightroom…is not saving anything inside.…It's just creating an alias to all those files,…from one location to one other.…You can copy your videos, your clips,…from one memory card into a hard drive through Lightroom.…Not many people know that.…I like that feature a lot,…because you can create a thumbnail,…you can keyword your videos, and all that works great.…
The one disadvantage of Lightroom…is that it does not check every single bit…of information from the source into the destination.…And that's an issue, especially for very large files,…video files, that can often be like gigabytes in size.…There are many applications out there that can do this job,…and one that I personally like is called ShotPut Pro,…that essentially does that one thing.…It just transfers images and clips and music,…whatever media and digital assets you have in one place,…into another place very fast that every single piece…
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients