Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving the camera, part of Video for Photographers 02: Filmmaking on Location.
- Camera movement.…That's a whole new chapter that us photographers…would never had to worry about, because…we just didn't need to.…Now we have two concepts that are…totally foreign for us: the subject moves…and the camera moves.…And "cinema" means "moving images".…The Latin root of "cinema" comes from…"kino", kinetic energy, you know that word.…That's movement.…So a small tool like this very portable…and light slider, can add significant production value…to a small production like ours, two people…working with a low budget.…
And a great way to utilize our tools is to…recycle some of them.…We have a video monopod with a fluid head,…we can simply remove the Benro head…and attach it to our Cinevate slider…and we have a brand new tool without having to…bring the additional gear.…Movement is so important that I have a whole course,…an entire course on camera movement for…video productions on Lynda.com, where I talk about…the different tools, the different kinds of movement,…and most importantly, why we need to move the camera…
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients