Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting good interviews, part of Video for Photographers: 2 Filmmaking on Location.
- So let's talk about interviews.…That's something that we, as photographers,…know when, if we have done corporate jobs…or headshots and stuff like that,…we are used to that.…We know we have a limited amount of time…with a client, we are making them comfortable…and extracting their personality, we're…setting lights to make them look good,…we have a key light, we have a back light,…we have all that, we'll talk about lights later.…But in terms of that, it's pretty much the same.…
What is different this time, is that we…need to do some research on our subjects…and the locations to know what to ask, because…they're going to be talking.…So for this project specifically, we have…Doug, Gina and Sam, the two owners…of the winery, father, mother and daughter.…And it's a family business, it's just the…three of them.…So as part of our pre-production research…and location scouting here at the winery, we…wanted to do three different interviews.…
One here at the cellar, with one of them,…another one outside, on the field,…and a third one with the daughter.…
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients