Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Equipment list, part of Video for Photographers: 2 Filmmaking on Location.
- Okay, so we did all our homework.…Now the cool part.…Like, we're putting all the tools together.…We're flying two people from New York to Oregon.…We need to pack as small and light as possible,…but still bring the whole studio with us.…So let's start with the bag.…It's a Tenba Roadie Hybrid.…It's a rolling case that also works as a backpack.…And I know that at the winery I might need to carry…this bag with me as the surface is not even.…
So this is the perfect bag.…It's carry-on, domestic and international,…so it works really great and I know…my gear is fully protected.…We need a camera, obviously.…And we're not only one, but two.…That's one of the difference…between shooting stills and video.…You will often cut between one camera and another.…So I'm going to be taking stills and video.…I need Zack, my partner on this project,…to be shooting video with another camera.…So this is going to be my A-Cam, this is the main camera.…
And it's a Panasonic Lumix GH4.…And I have another one for the B-Cam,…we'll talk about that in a second.…
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients