Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Deconstructing the editing process, part of Video for Photographers: 2 Filmmaking on Location.
- There are many software applications to edit video,…and most of you know Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro…or iMovie or DaVinci Resolve, which is a great application,…Sony Vegas, there are many out there.…If you are already using Photoshop and/or Lightroom…or Bridge or any other Adobe software,…I believe it makes sense to work with Premiere Pro,…not only it's part of the Adobe Creative Cloud,…but the interface is very similar between the applications.…
So, I use Premiere Pro, that's what…I'm going to be using for this project,…and this is not a Premiere Pro course.…There are a lot of Lynda courses that…will go in-depth the application.…I just want to give you an overview of…how I organize my assets and a few things…that I think are important for you to know.…Especially because they are very similar…to the way Lightroom works.…So, for example, here in Lightroom you have…Collections and you also have Smart Collections.…Those are not existing folders.…
They don't exist in your hard drive.…They just exist within the application.…
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients