Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video BONUS: Check out the final video, part of Video for Photographers: 2 Filmmaking on Location.
(guitar music)…- I am Gina Maragas and the wife of Doug…and the wife of the winery.…- I'm Doug Maragas.…I run the winery, but more importantly,…I'm the husband of Gina…and the father of Samantha.…
- We ended up here after canvasing…the eastern states and the northwest, I guess.…And we thought we could carve out…another wine region here.…I see Doug, he's the forest guy.…Doug has always had the mission in his head…for where we're going…and how we're getting there.…- And we have 40 acres that we take care of.…That's hard work, farming is not easy.…And then there's the patient game,…so in most things, you get…a return on your investment fairly quick,…you know, within a year,…or at most, a couple of years.…
The wine industry, you're not getting…even a crop for five years.…On the plus side, it's an amazing thing.…It's a multi-generational business,…so it's not just going to be you,…it's going to be the people that come after you…to be really successful.…I think that it's a beautiful place…to be able to raise Samantha.…Well, I really like Bordeaux reds,…
Join Emmy-winning filmmaker Eduardo Angel on set at a beautiful winery in Oregon, where he captures stills, video, and sound for a promotional clip. Witness all the steps, from concept to delivery, from the perspective of a two-man crew, traveling light and working with a limited budget—a situation most shooters encounter nowadays.
Eduardo covers topics such as location scouting, working with available light, and getting great interviews. He also shows his favorite gear and even shares tips on packing!
Make sure to watch Video for Photographers 01: Filmmaking Essentials to brush up on the key technical concepts.
- Establishing the best time of day to shoot
- Selecting and packing equipment
- Getting the right coverage
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Recording soundscapes
- Backing up your footage
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom
- Delivering the final video to your clients