Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with difficult images, part of Adobe Camera Raw: Color Correction.
- Alright, I think you're ready…for a good, challenging image,…and this Grewingk Glacier Fire image…is one such challenging image.…So let's go ahead and open this in Camera Raw…and let's do an eval on this image.…Notice we've got our clickers already turned on…like we usually do and huge portion…of this image we've got blown out red here.…So that's one challenge that we've got.…And we look over here in the histogram,…we see, oh yeah, we've got that long spike here.…And we've also got challenges in the shadow end.…Look over here.…And this is to be expected.…Let's turn that off for now because it's a little annoying.…
With an image like this, this is an image I shot at night,…middle of winter, Grewing Glacier Lake,…overnight cross-country ski, fire in the foreground,…and then the dark blue mountains…in the background because of the night time.…So we've got a huge dynamic range.…Now I could have shot this HDR but it's a moving fire,…so not always the best results with that.…But at any rate, it's not an HDR image,…
- Working between Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Evaluating color
- Identifying color casts by the numbers
- Making white-balance adjustments
- Setting critical highlights and shadows
- Adjusting skin tones
- Applying creative adjustments
- Correcting multiple images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally4h 9m Beginner
Advanced Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally5h 2m Advanced
1. Camera Raw Workflow and Tools
2. Evaluating Color in Camera Raw
3. Correcting Color in Camera Raw
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.