Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Camera Raw's non-destructive tools, part of Color Correction in Adobe Camera Raw.
- This short segment here may be…belaboring the obvious and be complete review…and dull and boring to some of you…who've been working in Camera Raw for a while,…but if you're kind of new to Camera Raw…and/or Lightroom and those types of products,…I think it's worth just emphasizing…that this is all non-destructive editing.…If you're a Photoshop user…that's migrating to Camera Raw…or maybe to Lightroom,…when you're working in Photoshop,…you're used to actually working with the whole pixels…in the image, when you open up that file in Photoshop…you're actually editing those pixels,…which is why we emphasize…working with non-destructive adjustment layers…when we work in Photoshop,…so that we can have editability without damaging the file.…
Well, Camera Raw and Lightroom…take that to a whole new level.…No matter what you're doing here,…all right, if I take this file,…and I crop this, I can come back in at any time…and uncrop it, recrop it.…Any adjustments that I make here…to highlights or whites or blacks or shadows or contrast,…
- Working between Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Evaluating color
- Identifying color casts by the numbers
- Making white-balance adjustments
- Setting critical highlights and shadows
- Adjusting skin tones
- Applying creative adjustments
- Correcting multiple images
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Camera Raw Workflow and Tools
2. Evaluating Color in Camera Raw
3. Correcting Color in Camera Raw
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.