Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Target-based adjustments by the numbers, part of Color Correction in Adobe Camera Raw.
- In our previous exercise, we did a quick and dirty version…of the target based color correction,…and it worked pretty well.…But if you'd like to be a little bit more accurate,…we can do it numerically using Curves,…and that's what we'll do here.…So let's go ahead and launch these three files,…we'll do it Open in Camera Raw,…and then we'll select our first image…that contains the target.…And just a quick review that obviously we have both…tone and color challenges here, a huge red-green color cast,…which is why we have the yellow.…And remember previously we just took…our neutralization eyedropper tool,…you know, and clicked on the midtone…to accomplish our correction for the color,…and then dragged the Whites over…to do the overall tone correction.…
It worked pretty darn well, right?…Option, alt, to activate the Reset button,…we'll just go back to normal.…In this case, instead of doing quick and dirty method,…we're going to have to use numbers and Curves.…All right, and notice that we have a 10 step swatch target…
- Working between Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Evaluating color
- Identifying color casts by the numbers
- Making white-balance adjustments
- Setting critical highlights and shadows
- Adjusting skin tones
- Applying creative adjustments
- Correcting multiple images
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Camera Raw Workflow and Tools
2. Evaluating Color in Camera Raw
3. Correcting Color in Camera Raw
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.