Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part of Color Correction in Adobe Camera Raw.
- Well, now that you've had a chance…to devise your own solution to this challenge…let me show you my solution to this photograph…of my two friends and I, out skiing on the…southern high plateaus of the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska.…This is spring skiing in Alaska, it's heaven on earth.…And this is The Animal, his wife Xena the warrior…love goddess, and of course, me, The Beast…out enjoying spring skiing in Alaska.…So, this is a typical bright sunshine image…that's got some challenges as you can see.…Just looking at it visually, we can see…that it's dark and kind of low contrast.…
And we look over at the histogram…well, we see the reason why, right?…This image is underexposed.…Not horribly, but you know, at least a half an f-stop…or full f-stop brighter would've been much better.…We can see it's underexposed, looking at the histogram…Because this data is snuggled right up against the shadow…and we've got plenty of room to lighten, to move over here.…But, you know, we've got what we've got.…So we've got some tonal adjustments…
- Working between Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Evaluating color
- Identifying color casts by the numbers
- Making white-balance adjustments
- Setting critical highlights and shadows
- Adjusting skin tones
- Applying creative adjustments
- Correcting multiple images
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Camera Raw Workflow and Tools
2. Evaluating Color in Camera Raw
3. Correcting Color in Camera Raw
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.