Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting and correcting product photography, part of Adobe Camera Raw: Color Correction.
- Well, if you shoot a lot of product shots,…and I mean a lot of product shots,…I think you're going to find this set of projects…to be very helpful and useful.…Here I've chosen a variety of different shots,…different kinds of products, including a painting, or print.…Let's go ahead and open these up.…These are all CR2 files, but it's easy…to select all and say open in Camera RAW.…There we go.…The key to making all this work…is background foreground choice.…When I shoot product shots,…and sometimes I've got a couple hundred to shoot,…and I need to make them look really good,…but they don't have to be absolutely perfect,…there's ways that you can get really really close to perfect…and still move quickly in a production environment.…
So one of the first keys is to use neutral backgrounds…in order to shoot your images.…So I have a range of backgrounds that…have various tonal values from white all the way to black,…with several shades of gray in between.…Which one I choose depends upon…the object that I'm shooting, because…
- Working between Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Evaluating color
- Identifying color casts by the numbers
- Making white-balance adjustments
- Setting critical highlights and shadows
- Adjusting skin tones
- Applying creative adjustments
- Correcting multiple images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally4h 9m Beginner
Advanced Photoshop Color Correctionwith Taz Tally5h 2m Advanced
1. Camera Raw Workflow and Tools
2. Evaluating Color in Camera Raw
3. Correcting Color in Camera Raw
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.