Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting skin tones, part of Color Correction in Adobe Camera Raw.
- All right, it is time to tackle some skin tones.…Take this picture of Smiling Taz.…I'm happy because I'm in Red Rock Canyon State Park…just outside of Las Vegas,…hiking, early morning, great stuff.…There's more to Las Vegas than slot machines and shows.…Lots of great hiking.…Red Rocks Canyon National Recreation Area,…Valley of Fire State Park, tons.…All right, now notice that this is a tif, right?…So we're going to right click to open it in Camera Raw.…And just to review what we talked about earlier,…is notice the image is dark, low contrast…because there's no data between highlight and midtone.…
We've got a clear color cast here,…particularly for his skin tone.…There are no real neutrals here, but this image…is all about skin tone, so we're going to place…two color sample points on the skin tone…and we avoid cast shadows and reflections when we can.…And luckily, we've got good consistent lighting…across the face so a whole image adjustment…should respond very well.…All right, and then a quick evaluation of the RGB values…
- Working between Camera Raw, Photoshop, and Lightroom
- Evaluating color
- Identifying color casts by the numbers
- Making white-balance adjustments
- Setting critical highlights and shadows
- Adjusting skin tones
- Applying creative adjustments
- Correcting multiple images
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Camera Raw Workflow and Tools
2. Evaluating Color in Camera Raw
3. Correcting Color in Camera Raw
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.