Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The viewfinder display, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
On the top of the viewfinder is the Diopter Control.…If you wear glasses, you might be able to adjust the Diopter to compensate for…your prescription, which allows you to shoot without your glasses.…I say, might, because if your eyes are bad enough, then you won't be able to…adjust the Diopter far enough to correct the viewfinder back to Full Sharpness.…Note though that it's possible to bump the Diopter Control.…So if you ever think, "boy!…My camera really doesn't seem to be focusing very well,"…check the Diopter and make sure that it's set to No Correction.…You can tell when it's properly set this way because there's this extra…wide flat mark here, which will line up with the middle line between the Plus and Minus.…
When you look through the viewfinder, you'll see a number of focusing spots…superimposed over your image.…These spots light up when you auto- focus to indicate where the auto-focus…mechanism has chosen to focus.…The big circle in the middle of the viewfinder shows the size of the Spot Meter.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.