Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The self-timer, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
Most people have used a self timer on a camera.…You know you balance the camera on a rock or something and you point it at your…friends then you set it off and run back and try to get in the frame and look…natural before the camera takes picture.…It works the same way on your digital camera.…The self timer is a release mode on the D7000.…So to change to it, I want to turn my release mode dial I've to press the Lock…Down all the way over here to this little picture of a Clock that's kind of the…universal self timer icon.…Now all that happens, is I half press my Shutter button to meter and focus just…like I normally would.…
Once it's locked my press it the rest of the way and now this Lamp starts lighting.…It starts flashing to indicate that I am in self timer mode.…Now as when I would be running around in front of the camera it goes solid two…seconds before it's about to take the picture and then the shutter fires.…There are lot of ways you can customize the self timer, you can change the…amount of time that it takes between when you press the shutter button when it…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.