Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The self-timer, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
Most people have used a Self-timer on a camera.…You balance the camera on a rock or something, and you point it at your friends,…and then you set it off, and run back, and try to get in the frame and look…natural before the camera takes the picture.…It works the same way on your digital camera.…The Self-timer is a Drive mode, so to set the Self-timer I hit the Drive button…and I start cycling through.…I've got my first high-speed burst mode, and then my regular burst mode, and then…my 10 second self-timer, and then the two second self-timer.…The reason I have two is the 10 second self-timer gives me 10 seconds to try to…run around from behind the camera get back in my shot.…
The two second self-timer is not so much for trying to get in front of the…camera, but for times when I want to shoot without my hands on the camera, maybe…I'm doing a long exposure and I need to be sure the camera is very steady, so I…put it on a tripod, I set the two second timer and press the Shutter button, and…then it shoots two seconds later.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.