Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The built-in AF-assist illuminator, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
We have talked about how the Autofocus assist light can light up to help you…when you are focusing in situations where there's not enough light for the…autofocus mechanism to work.…There will be times when you absolutely do not want that light to light up if…you're shooting a concert or in a museum or something like that.…Fortunately, there is a custom setting for that.…Go into the Autofocus category, and down to number A7 Built-in Autofocus-assist…illuminator, you can simply switch that Off and that will never fire.…Obviously, if this is something you depend on from time to time and you normally…want it on, once you leave that situation where you don't want it to fire you…need to be sure to turn it back On.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.