Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The auto lighting optimizer, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
Your eye has an incredible ability to see in low light.…This means that you can very often see details in shadow areas with your naked…eye, while your camera will render those same areas as black and featureless.…The Auto Lighting Optimizer applies post -processing to your image in camera to…brighten shadow areas in your image.…Note that it doesn't just brighten the blacks; it actually figures out where the…shadowy areas are in your scene, and it brightens those without washing out all…of the blacks in your picture.…Turning on the Auto Lighting Optimizer is very simple you go in here to the…menu, to the second shooting menu, and the second item down is simply Auto…Lighting Optimizer.…
I'm going to pick that, and you'll see that I actually get different levels…of Auto Lighting Optimizer. I can go all the way over here and disable it completely.…By default, the camera is set to Standard, meaning it is going to do some…brightening of some of the shadows in your image.…I can set it to less brightening, or I can set it to Strong.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.