Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video White balance presets, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
As I mentioned before, auto white balance is going to be right for most of the…pictures that you take;…however, there will be times when auto white balance will let you down.…Most typically shooting in shade or shooting on a cloudy day, your images could…end up looking a little too cool, that is, it will be able too bluish. Flesh tones…especially will look just a little unhealthy.…Fortunately, to help you with these situations, the 5100 offers some…white balance presets.…If I hit my info/edit button, I can go in here to my White balance option.…I can see here by default it's set to Auto.…
If I pop that open, I get a scrolling list of different types of light…sources, with a little thumbnail giving me a picture of what those light…sources may be appropriate for.…So, for example, here is an incandescent light.…That's the typical kind of light bulb you'll find in a light at home.…I've got cool-white fluorescence, I have direct sunlight, I have flash, cloudy,…shade, and then something called preset manual, which we're going to discuss in…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.