Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video What image retouching does, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
Postproduction is a critical part of the photography process and you'll…probably spend a lot of time adjusting your pictures using image editing…software on your computer.…But there is also a fair amount of image editing that you can perform on your camera.…Now when you use the camera's built- in image retouching options, the camera…alters your original image and saves out a new version.…If you're working with RAW files, then no actual edits are made to your RAW file.…Instead, the file is tagged as having been edited.…If you use Nikon editing software on your computer, then the edits will be made…to the RAW file when you open it.…
These features are handy if you absolutely need to get an edit made quickly, but…in general, I don't recommend that you use these features that much.…The editing capabilities in the image editing software on your computer offers…much more control and will often yield much better quality results.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.