By now you've probably come to realize that your camera has a lot of…functions and features.…Many of these functions can be modified and customized through the use of custom settings.…For example, maybe you'd prefer your exposure compensation changes to go in full-…stop increments instead of one-third- stop increments, or maybe you want to be…sure that the autofocus assist light doesn't fire because you are shooting…somewhere that would be disruptive.…These are things that you can easily change through the use of custom settings, which…allow you to tailor your camera to your particular tastes and needs.…
To change a custom setting, you go to the camera's menu, and Custom Settings get…their own dedicated menu--it's the one with a little pencil on it. And right at…the top, I've got an option to reset Custom Settings to factory defaults, and…then I've got all of my settings grouped into these categories, A through F,…Autofocus, Exposure, Timers/AE lock, Shooting/display, Bracketing/flash, and just…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.