Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video What are custom functions?, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
By now you've probably come to realize that your camera has a lot of…functions and features.…Many of these functions can be modified and customized through the use of custom functions.…For example, maybe you would prefer that your Exposure compensation changes go…in full stop increments instead of one- third stop increments, or maybe you want…to be sure that the auto focus assist light doesn't fire, because you're shooting…somewhere where that would be disruptive.…These are things that you can easily change through the use of custom functions,…allowing you to tailor your camera to your particular tastes and needs.…
Custom functions are not available in Auto mode, nor can you get to them in most Scene modes.…You'll need to be in Program, or a Priority, or Manual mode to get to the…Custom functions menu.…They're all grouped together right here in this menu, second to last on the right…side, and you can see the Custom functions are grouped into four groups:…Exposure, Image, Autofocus /Drive, Operation/Others.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.