Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Using white balance presets, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
Most of the time Auto White Balance is going to give you good results.…There will be times though when it gets tripped up.…The Auto White Balance on the D7000 can be confused by shade or cloudy days.…When that happens, you can get images that are a little too cool, skin tones…especially can start suffering.…Fortunately, the camera has a number of other white balance options.…First there are presets.…These allow you to dial in a white balance for a specific type of white.…to change white balance, I press the WB button and then rotate the main dial and…you see my white balance display down here change.…
So A is Auto, after that I get Tungsten, this is for the type of incandescent…light bulbs that you might have inside your house.…Then I get a Fluorescent light bulb and then Daylight, Flash, Cloudy, Shade.…The ability to enter in the temperature of a light in degrees Kelvin and then…finally something called PRE for preset white balance.…We are going to devote an entire movie to this last option.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.