Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Using white balance presets, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
For most situations, Auto White Balance is going to be your best white balance…choice, but for times when Auto White Balance is yielding bad color, you may…want to switch to one of these White Balance presets.…The 60D offers a number of preset White Balance Settings for specific types of light.…For example, I have Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten (these are just the normal…incandescent light bulbs you find around your house),…Florescent, Flash, Custom White Balance, which we're going to dedicate an…entire movie to, and something called Color Temperature, which we'll get to in a moment.…
As I said, most of the time Auto White Balance is going to be okay.…If you take a shot and notice that the color is off, you may want to consider…trying another White Balance Setting.…So, for example, if I am shooting in some inside, in incandescent lighting, and…I'm noticing that my color is off, I may want to switch to this white balance.…However, be careful judging color on the LCD screen on your camera.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.