Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the LCD screen protector, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
Like yours, our D7000 came with a screen protector attached to its LCD screen.…We took it off because the lighting we are using here was creating bad reflections.…You are going to want to leave it on.…this is a really great piece of gear. It's very clear.…It doesn't degrade the quality of the image and it really does protect your screen.…With this on, you can toss your camera in your bag and not worry about…scratching the screen.…This can be replaced, your screen can't.…So while this is removable and you may occasionally find situations like this…one where you need to take it off, for the most part, I really recommend…leaving it on, because it's a great way of protecting the investment you've…made in your gear.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.