Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video User modes, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
You've seen how changing modes changes what decisions the camera makes and what…decisions are left up to me.…You've also seen how choosing a scene mode not only changes the…decision-making processes of the camera, but can also force the camera to dial…in certain image editing parameters.…These last two modes on your Mode dial, U1 and U2 allow you to create custom…modes that configure the camera anyway that you like.…As an example, let's consider HDR shooting.…I regularly shoot HDR, and when I want to go to an HDR configuration, I have to…turn on Auto Bracketing, I have to switch to Aperture Priority, I have to dial…in a particular aperture.…
I can take all of that stuff and store it into a custom user mode.…Here's how that works.…I'm going to go to Aperture Priority.…Basically, I'm going to just configure my camera exactly as I would if I were…getting ready to shoot in HDR.…I want to be sure that I'm shooting RAW, so I'm going to change my Quality…setting over here to RAW.…I also need to turn on Bracketing.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.