Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The Unlock button, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
One of the great things about the controls on the 60D is that they're so easy to access and use.…One of the downsides about the controls on the 60D is that they're so easy…to access and change.…In other words, you need to be a little bit careful that you don't…accidentally bump the controls.…Now honestly, I've never run into this problem, but if you find that you're…accidentally bumping that control pad on the back of the camera while you carry…it around, you may want to change the controls so that they're locked until you…press the unlock button on the back.…To do that, go into the camera's menuing system, and I am in Program mode right now.…
This works in several of the different modes.…Scroll over to the second tool menu and down to the Lock button.…It defaults to being disabled.…If I click the Set button, I get a menu that lets me say Enable.…So now this wheel is locked.…So, just to show you what I mean, I am going to meter my scene here, and normally…I would be able to turn this wheel and see my exposure compensation change, and…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.