Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding lens controls, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
There are a number of controls on your camera's lens.…They may not all be in the same place as what we have on this lens, but you…should have a Focus Ring.…This is for manually focusing your lens.…You should also have a Zoom Ring.…This is for zooming in and out and on that zoom ring you'll also see markings…that show your current focal length.…There are probably a couple of switches something labeled A and M. This is for…switching from AUTO to Manual Focus and you might also have something called VR…that's Vibration Reduction.…
You can turn that on or off.…If you're using an older lens, you may not have an A and M switch, you may have…focus markings on your focus ring that's going to be an additional series of…numbers, and again, these switches maybe in different places, you may have an…extra VR switch, you may have rings in different orders.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.