Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding autofocus basics, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
Your camera has an Autofocus feature and for most of your shots it will provide…faster, more accurate focus than you will achieve using manual focus.…However, autofocus is not completely foolproof.…You still have to use it properly to get good results and you can learn…everything you need to know about how to get good results with Autofocus in my…Foundations of Photography: Exposure Course.…Let's take a quick autofocus overview.…After I've framed my shot, I need to half-press the Shutter button.…There is a halfway point on the Shutter button and if I just push down to right…there, not all the way down, a lot of things happen.…
The flash pops up, because the camera has metered my scene and determined…that it's not bright enough as it is, so it's popped up the Flash to put…there in a little more light.…It's calculated a shutter speed and an aperture and it's showing those on this…screen and in the viewfinder.…It's also autofocused and locked focus, and lit up a focus assist light inside.…Only after it's done all of that stuff and told me that it's ready, by…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.