- Getting to New York
- Where to stay, where to eat
- Shooting the Empire State Building
- Finding iconic images in Grand Central Terminal
- Taking iPhone videos
- Photographing on the Staten Island Ferry
Skill Level Intermediate
- Over the last year, we've traveled together around the world to some really exotic and interesting destinations. But for this trip, we're going someplace that's practically in my backyard. For The Traveling Photographer, I'm David Hobby. Welcome to New York City. This is a place I've been many times, both on assignment as a photographer, and just traveling recreationally with my family. So, we're skipping the local expert this time, and just making a go of it all by ourselves. I'm gonna make some assumptions. Number one, that you're traveling here with your family and balancing that time, and number two, that you're doing the typical New York things, eating out a lot, maybe going to see a Broadway play.
Those things will drain your wallet pretty quickly, so we're going in the other direction. We've got a group of curated photo-related experiences that will leave you with a collection of themed, iconic pictures of New York. And the best thing about it? Every single one of them are absolutely free. No, wait, there's one that's gonna cost you a little bit of money, but it's a screaming bargain and you should absolutely do it. New York is a fantastic place for a visit for a photo enthusiast, and that's exactly our focus this week. For The Traveling Photographer, I'm David Hobby. Welcome to New York City.