Tethered Shooting Fundamentals
Connecting a computer to your DSLR camera opens up a brand-new world of opportunities in image making. You can gain greater control over your in-camera adjustments and get a more accurate picture of your lighting and setup. In this course, Rich Harrington introduces the tethered shooting workflow and shows how to connect your camera to a computer, an external monitor, and even an iPad or mobile device. He'll review the shooting environment, building the tethered station, software solutions for tethering, and wireless shooting with a CamRanger or GoPro camera. These techniques work well both in the studio and in the field, so you'll be prepared for all tethered shooting scenarios.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- The benefits and drawbacks of tethered shooting
- Creating a stable platform
- Tethering the camera
- Building a tethered station
- Tethering with Lightroom, Aperture, and more
- Choosing a wireless memory card
- Connecting a CamRanger
- Shooting with a GoPro
What this course covers
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington. And welcome to this course on tethered shooting. I'm gonna walk you through all the things you need to know to get up and running with a tethered shooting workflow. Essentially, you're gonna learn how to connect your camera to a computer, an external monitor, perhaps using an iPad, or a wireless device to sync the files. And you'll see all sorts of benefits to this workflow. We're gonna take a look at a studio environment, but we'll also jump out into the field and show you a couple of field locations with tethering, both wired and wireless, and walk you through some of the benefits of those.
We've got a lot of ground to cover today, so let's jump in.
Architectural Photography: Exteriors72,443 Views
Shooting with Wireless Flash: Outdoors at Twilight78,773 Views
Photography and the Law: Understanding Copyright23,535 Views
Lighting for Photographers: Flash Exposure Fundamentals170,601 Views
Insights on Architectural Photography31,668 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views
Video Gear Weekly780,071 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,630,745 Views