The flash on your camera has a range of about ten feet.…If you're standing in a dark scene, that means that the only things in your scene…that are going to have any illumination from the flash are things within that ten-…foot-wide circle of light.…So if you take a picture of someone, they'll be lit by the flash, but the background will be…plunged into darkness.…This is because the camera is using exposure settings that are correct for the…area that is covered by the flash but which are underexposing all of the stuff…in the background, leaving it completely black.…Slow Sync Flash combines your camera's flash with a longer shutter speed.…
The flash exposes the foreground, while the long exposure properly exposes the…backgrounds so that it's visible.…Slow Sync is a flash mode, so you activate it just like you would any other flash mode.…I am going to go on here to my flash mode menu and come down here to where it…says slow, and the icon is showing me that I've got a flash-illuminated foreground…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.