Shooting with the GoPro HERO: Action Sports
The GoPro HERO was practically built for sports, and not just the extreme kind. It's compact, durable, and produces high-quality footage at a high-frame rate—just the kind of camera you want for shooting fast-moving athletes outdoors. Rich Harrington drops in at the local skate park and shows how to shoot grinds, kickflips, and ollies from multiple angles, including a head mount and an under-the-board point of view. He also shows how to plan for other equipment you'll need, like Steadicam rigs for extra stabilization or clamps and poles to capture interesting angles. Plus, learn how to film interviews on location without having to switch cameras, and set your GoPro to capture overcranked footage. Best of all? The techniques shown only require one camera, so if you have a GoPro, you're good to go.
This course was created and produced by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Packing for the shoot
- Managing power on location
- Protecting your GoPro
- Mounting a GoPro
- Using a Steadicam Smoothee or Curve
- Using head, chest, or wrist mount
- Positioning your GoPro with clamps, poles, and GorillaPods
- Mic'ing and lighting a shoot
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington and as you can hear behind me, we've headed out to the skate park to do some shooting with GoPro cameras. Now this course is going to cover skateboarding but it's not just about skateboarding. It's all about action photography and action video so we're going to put the cameras in some really cool places. We're going to get point of view shots. Put the camera underneath the board, mount it in different situations, go for multiple angles of coverage. It's going to work out really well to tell a story. Now I'm hoping you've already checked out our GoPro Fundamentals course where we go through all the essential things you need to know about setting up a GoPro and going through the different menus.
If you haven't watched it, I'd check that out first, but today, we're going to put those techniques and those options into play. We're going to get some fantastic shots with lots of different styles of shooting. This is a very good class. You're going to get lots of inspiration on different ways to shoot and how to get the most out of you camera. So just come in with a basic knowledge and a single GoPro and you'll learn as we dig in.
Shooting with the GoPro HERO: Car and Motorcycle Mounts53,628 Views
Creative GoPro Photography and Video Techniques86,782 Views
Shooting Aerial Panoramas with a Quadcopter51,169 Views
Shooting a Hyperlapse Time-Lapse Video70,030 Views
Preparing GoPro Footage for Editing157,948 Views
Shooting with the GoPro HERO: Fundamentals619,075 Views
Video Gear Weekly780,071 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views