Photographer David Hobby visits a conservation center and lights close-ups and portraits using a variety of strobes and light modifiers.
- So we're here today at the Howard County Conservancy, which is a very cool historic preservation site in Howard County, Maryland, and today we're going to be shooting "Sticky," who we think is a male. We're sure he's a great Tree frog, we think he's a male, and this is actually a kind of neat little macro-shoot, because we're going to progress through some of the problems that you might encounter doing something like this: go through available light, and then add some flash, and then make the flash better, and then progress this into a full-blown little mini studio right around Sticky, who we really are hoping is not going to move through this whole process.
But, he's pretty chill, he's got his Jabba the Hutt on today and let's see if we can get him to cooperate.
- Uncluttering the background of close-up shots
- Adding flash and refining exposure
- Setting up lighting for a portrait
- Organizing photo meet-ups that have a purpose