Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the language, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
If you're not an English speaker, you can switch the interface of your camera to…a different language.…Obviously, this can make it easier to navigate your camera's menus and it's a…great way to bone-up on a foreign language.…For example, set it to Dutch and next time you're in Holland, you'll be able to…walk into your hotel and say, "peripheral illumination correction."…When you first turned on your camera, it should've asked you for your language…preference, so you'll probably never need to change this.…But if you do, here's how.…Go into the camera's menuing system-- this again will work when in any mode.…Scroll over to the second tool menu and work your way down to the Language option.…
Hit the SET button and you'll get a nice big list of languages here.…You can just scroll through to the one that you want.…Hit SET to select it and your camera's menuing system will change.…Just for grins, let's go ahead and change this to Portuguese.…So you can see sure enough, my menus are all in Portuguese now.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.