If you're not an English speaker, you can switch the interface of your camera to…a different language.…Obviously, this can make it easier to navigate your camera's menus, and it's a…great way to bone up on a foreign language.…For example, set it to Dutch, and next time you are in Holland, you'll be able…to walk into your hotel and say, peripheral illumination correction.…When you first turned on your camera, it should've asked you for your…language preference,…so you'll probably never need to change this, but if you do, here is how.…Press the menu button to get into your menus.…You want to be in the Setup menu.…I'm going to scroll way down because language is not something that you change…very often, so Nikon has kind of buried it down here.…
You can see that there's this little icon of a guy with a speech balloon.…That always stays there, so that no matter what the language says, you can…still find your way back.…Then you just have this long list of languages…you can scroll through until you find the one that's right for you, and just hit…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.