Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the language, part of Canon Rebel T3i (600D and Kiss X5) Essential Training.
If you're not an English speaker you can switch the interface of your camera to…a different language.…Obviously, this can make it easier to navigate your camera's menus and it's a…great way to bone up on a foreign language.…For example, set it to Dutch and next time you're in Holland you'll be able walk…into your hotel and say "peripheral illumination correction."…When you first turned on your camera it should've asked you for your…language preference.…So you'll probably never need to change this, but if you do you're here its how.…You'll find the Language function in the same menu where Date and Time was.…I am here in second tools menu and there is just this option that says Language.…
One thing that's nice about it as it has a little icon next to it,…a little cartoony guy with a speech balloon, because after you've changed the…language to something that you can't read this may be your only way to find…your way back to it.…So I just select that and hit Set and it gives me this big menu of all the…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will the lessons in this course work with the Canon T3 too?
A: The main differences between the Canon T3i and the T3 are some video capabilities. Other than that, and some minor menu differences, you should be able to use the lessons in this course with the T3 with no issues.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. Using More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
What is a scene mode?1m 8s
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Caring for Your Camera
Firmware updates1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.