Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the date and time, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
Your camera has a clock and a calendar in it.…Every time you take a picture, the date and time are stored with that picture.…This can be very handy when you're editing, not just to find out when you took…a picture, but for sorting your images or searching for images or for…geotagging your images.…With the right hardware and software, you can add longitude and latitude data to…your images in postproduction.…But for that to work, you have to have the camera's clock set properly.…Also, if you travel, you'll want to reset the clock as you change time zones.…So, knowing how to set the date and time is very important.…
You can set the time in any mode on the camera.…Just hit the MENU button to get into the menuing system.…And you want to scroll over to the second tool menu, that's this one right here,…and then scroll up and down until you get to the Date/Time option.…Hit the SET button to select it.…And here I am in the Date/Time control screen, and you see I've got the date here…and the time over here and the first number is selected.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.